Salesforce Lightning Component
Why Aura Components?
Aura components are the self-contained and reusable units of an app. They represent a reusable section of the UI and can range in granularity from a single line of text to an entire app.
The framework includes a set of prebuilt components. For example, components that come with the Lightning Design System styling are available in the lightning namespace. These components are also known as the base Lightning components. You can assemble and configure components to form new components in an app. Components are rendered to produce HTML DOM elements within the browser.
The details of a component’s implementation are encapsulated. This allows the consumer of a component to focus on building their app, while the component author can innovate and make changes without breaking consumers. You configure components by setting the named attributes that they expose in their definition. Components interact with their environment by listening to or publishing events.
There are two types of events in the framework:
Component events are handled by the component itself or a component that instantiates or contains the component.
Application events are handled by all components that are listening to the event. These events are essentially a traditional publish-subscribe model.
The Lightning Component works in the Aura framework, it is a UI framework for developing single-page applications for mobile and desktop devices.
Aura components are the self-contained and reusable units of an app.
you can use Lightning component in :
Lightning Record Page
Lightning Communities Page
Lightning Quick Action
You must deploy My Domain in your org if you want to use Lightning components in Lightning tabs, Lightning pages, as standalone apps, as actions and action overrides, as custom Lightning page templates, or elsewhere in your org.
Tools included in lightning:
- Lightning Component Framework – Components and extensions that allow you to build reusable components, customize the Salesforce1 Mobile App, and build standalone apps.
- Lightning App Builder – A new UI tool that lets you build apps lightning fast, using components provided by Salesforce and platform developers.
- Lightning Connect – An integration tool that makes it easier for your Force.com app to consume data from any external source that conforms to the OData spec.
- Lightning Process Builder – A UI tool for visualizing and creating automated business processes.
- Lightning Schema Builder – A UI tool for viewing and creating objects, fields, and relationships.
Need help with Salesforce Lightning Component?
Request a Free Consultation
C 30, RB Road, Adarsh Nagar, New Delhi - 110033
651 N. Broad St. Suite 206 Middletown, DE 19709