Salesforce reporting snapshot allows you to report on historical data. It can then schedule when to run the report to load the custom object’s fields with the data. Reporting snapshot feature enables you to work with the report data, same as how you work with other records in Salesforce.
Create a Reporting Snapshot in Salesforce
So, It is divided into three parts:-
- Create a Report on any object.
- Create a Custom Object and fields to store the Data
- Create automation which stores data from your source report into the custom object
Step 1. Go to the “App Launcher” and search Report and click the “New Report.”
Step 2. Now, create a custom object to store the data. Goto the Object Manager and create a new “Custom Object”
Now, Create a custom field to store the data from the report. Give your Custom fields the same names as the columns in your report.
Step 3. Go to that “Custom Object” which you have recently created and in that create the field.
(For Example:- Create a custom field as “Opportunity Name”, “Owner”, and “Opportunity Value” to match with columns in the source report)
Step 4. Create an “Automation Job”
Go to “Setup” and in the Quick Find Box search “Reporting Snapshot” and select it.
Step 5. Now please give your “Reporting Snapshot” a name and make sure that the running user has permission to view and report on the data you are going to push into your custom object.
Step 6. Now, Scroll down and select the Report and Custom Object that you have recently created.
12. Hit the Save & Edit Field Mappings Map the columns from your source report to the right fields in your custom object.
13. After mapping the fields with the source report hit the “Save” button. Now under the “Schedule Reporting Snapshot” please choose the frequency and the time you wish for your report to run and store your data into the custom object.
Cheers! We are done.
Like this, You can create reports and the objects and set the report snapshot frequency to store your report data into the custom fields according to your business requirements.
Are you looking for a registered Salesforce Partner for successful implementation and maintenance to enhance your business process? Please feel free to take a consultation call with the registered Salesforce partner CloudVandana to get started.
Associate Salesforce Consultant at CloudVandana Solution.
1x Salesforce Certified.