As we know that Salesforce Functions is a new service on the Salesforce Platform that allows us to deliver a more scalable experience by extending the data and workflows that we already have, making them more sturdy with the power of elastic compute and open language ductility.
It is a service that allows developers to write code that integrates with data and events on the Salesforce platform and run it on-demand with an elastic scale in a serverless environment. Salesforce functions will help you:
- Meet business needs with on-demand, elastic scale on trusted infrastructure
- Functions are event-driven, elastically scalable, and they can be written in a language of your choice, such as Node.js, Java, or Apex.
- It delivers connected experiences with Salesforce data.
- They provide complete access to data in your org and can be integrated with other low-code and pro-code services.
What makes them great
Elastic Scale: You can extend Salesforce data with an elastic compute scale that is on-demand.
Stay on Platform: Build with pre-configured secure and safe access to C360 data.
Expand Talent Pool: You can extend Salesforce data with elastic Build inclusively with all your developer talent using open languages and tools that scale on demand.
Why Salesforce Functions
Other than being another elastic service that scales up based on the usage and automatically scales down on low usage, Salesforce Functions brings in some unique industry-first capabilities that can be extremely useful and productive for companies that are invested in the Salesforce platform:
- It is a fully managed, flexible, and scalable service that Salesforce operates. The developers can easily spend their time building innovative solutions without thinking about the infrastructure requirements for the same.
- The immaculate functions work with the Salesforce platform without requiring any additional authentication and networking. Operators can easily access them within Salesforce by using multiple reference methods and running external business logic with Salesforce org-context in the serverless functions.
- As we know, the functions support open languages and frameworks like Java and Node.js that can help developers inaugurate by using the capabilities of these technologies. The support for these technologies enables the addition of great features and can also drastically reduce the development time.
- The multi-purpose or single elastic functions can be created that can be used by external web and mobile apps. Example: procedures for calculating the customer’s eligibility for a plan based on data in Salesforce objects.
Are you looking for a registered Salesforce partner to guide you through your Salesforce implementation and maintenance? Please feel free to contact CloudVandana to get started.
Associate Salesforce Consultant at CloudVandana Solution.
1x Salesforce Certified.