Reports and Analytics are important tools to run any business. To answer business questions sometimes means making a calculation on every row in a report. With the feature of row-level formulas in Salesforce Reports, you don’t need to export report data to a spreadsheet or ask an admin to create a one-off custom formula field. Instead, create a row-level formula field right while creating a report and use it as a regular column.
Write a row-level formula on a closed opportunity report to calculate how long each opportunity took to close. Click Add Row-Level Formula, and write a formula that subtracts created date from the close date.
CLOSE_DATE – DATEVALUE(CREATED_DATE)
The row-level formula appears as a column on the reports.
Features Available for Row-Level formula:
- Filter and group report data by row-level formulas.
- Sort groups by row-level formulas.
- Reference row-level formulas in summary formulas.
- Dashboard components, including charts, metrics, gauges, funnels, and tables, now support row-level formulas.
- Row-level formulas support:
- Summaries, such as sum and average
- Picklist fields
- Conditional formatting
- Report charts
- Formatted report export
- Report subscriptions
Atul Gupta is CloudVandana’s founder, an 8X Salesforce Certified, working with globally situated businesses in creating Custom Salesforce Solutions.
A strong, dynamic, and accomplished leader, as Director at Atul Gupta, guides all the aspects of CloudVandana Salesforce Implementation Team, Analytics, and Information Technology functions.