Reports and Analytics are an important tool to run any business. To answer business questions sometimes means making a calculation on every row in a report. With the feature of row-level formulas in Salesforce Reports, you don’t need to export report data to a spreadsheet or ask an admin to create a one-off custom formula field. Instead, create a row-level formula field right while creating a report and use it as a regular column.
write a row-level formula on a closed opportunity report to calculate how long each opportunity took to close. Click Add Row-Level Formula, and write a formula that subtracts created date from close date.
CLOSE_DATE – DATEVALUE(CREATED_DATE)
The row-level formula appears as a column on the report.
Features Available for Row-Level formula:
- Filter and group report data by row-level formulas.
- Sort groups by row-level formulas.
- Reference row-level formulas in summary formulas.
- Dashboard components, including charts, metrics, gauges, funnels, and tables, now support row-level formulas.
- Row-level formulas support:
- Summaries, such as sum and average
- Picklist fields
- Conditional formatting
- Report charts
- Formatted report export
- Report subscriptions
Ankur Garg working as Salesforce Consultant at CloudVandana Solutions with Total IT experience of more than 5 years.
Ankur hands-on experience in Salesforce Implementations, business process automation, Reports, and Dashboards.