A key to successful team selling is to clearly define each member’s responsibility. That way, everyone knows what is expected of them—and what someone else has already handled. Team selling involves complex account relationships. You can manage those relationships better in Salesforce by using the Salesforce Account Teams feature to create and define these roles.
Benefits of Account Teams
- Accountability: Each team member knows their role on the team and how their performance is measured.
- Record access: To work an opportunity, you need to be able to look for yourself. The Salesforce Account Teams feature gives each member of the team access to the right records, so you can drop the manual sharing.
- Reporting: To determine compensation and credit toward quota, you have to know who worked on which deals. Plus, more accurate reporting strengthens your ability to coach and slot the right people in the right places.
Salesforce Account Teams can include up to five people, who have different levels of access to the account and the associated records, such as opportunities, contracts, and cases. It’s all up to you to customize it. You can collect more information by adding custom fields, buttons, and links to account team layouts. Use validation rules, Apex triggers, Process Builder, and workflow rules with account teams to help keep data clean and minimize manual data entry. For example, sales reps should touch all the relevant data, but support reps shouldn’t be able to edit contracts.
Steps to Enable Account Team
- From Setup, enter Account Teams in the Quick Find box, and select Account Teams.
- Click Enable Account Teams.
- Select the Account Teams Enabled checkbox and click Save.
- Select the Account Layout checkbox to add the Account Team related list to the page layout.
- Select the Add to users’ customized related lists checkbox and click Save
Ankur Garg working as Salesforce Consultant at CloudVandana Solutions with Total IT experience of more than 5 years.
Ankur hands-on experience in Salesforce Implementations, business process automation, Reports, and Dashboards.